[plt-scheme] 299.404

From: Felix Klock's PLT scheme proxy (pltscheme at pnkfx.org)
Date: Thu Oct 13 23:24:45 EDT 2005

Matthew et al.-

On Oct 13, 2005, at 3:59 PM, Matthew Flatt wrote:

> The implementation
> strategy also means, however, that the new format is as unreadable to
> humans as the old one.

So, while I applaud this move, I have to ask...

(but first I have to prefix my question with some context...)

The statement you make up above is pretty subjective.  The binary
format was pretty unreadable, but I managed to hack up some sed
scripts (well, really just some emacs regexp's) that would help me
recover student data when they couldn't load a file into DrScheme.
The point is, a lot of the text was there, it was just intermixed
with a lot of control characters that, while annoying, could be
filtered out a lot of the time.

Is the same true here?  That is, if something does go wrong, does a
developer with a good handle on his emacs-fu have a chance of making
sense out of the corrupted file?  Can someone with a build of 299.404
confirm or deny this?

-Felix

Posted on the users mailing list.