[plt-scheme] Servlet2 and standalone.ss

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Thu Oct 13 16:04:23 EDT 2005

I don't know who DrScheme is written for; however, if it's (primary)
intended use is in educational settings (formal and informal), I'd say
that stopping a novice user on a complex dialog ("language levels?") as
their first experience with the software is kinda rough.

I really like the idea book->language level list; having simple,
task-based signage associated with the language level choice is a really
nice idea.

Eli Barzilay wrote:

> How about a much smaller change that is much easier to do
> (specifically, avoiding maintenance of a textbook->language alist):
> when the current select-your-language dialog comes up, don't have any
> default chosen, and disable the Next button until something is
> clicked?

Posted on the users mailing list.