[plt-scheme] processing large images...

From: Alexander Friedman (alex at inga.mit.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 30 13:51:46 EST 2005

On Nov 30, geb a wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm at the point now where I really need raw
> processing speed for large images. I'm looking at
> using a representation and I was wondering if someone
> else might have a representation that they think will
> work faster before I go through with the programming.
> Image.ss seems to really slow down when using the
> image->color-list.  Perhaps the underlying
> representation of image.ss is binary already and I'm
> wasting my time?
>
> Data definition:
> a picture is a linear vector of binary numbers where
> each binary number incorporates red, green and blue as
> one number each one shifted by a set amount.
>
> Thank you for your time.
>
> Dan Anderson

if    you are just writing whatever it is for yourself
      don't mind using a big, alpha package that isn't part of plt yet
      don't mind that it only runs on x86 for now
      don't mind that the package isn't documented
      don't mind programming in language that has C-like semantics
      (but much nicer syntax) with C-like speed.

 I might have something to offer you

--

-Alex