[plt-scheme] processing large images...

From: geb a (geb_a at yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Nov 30 12:57:36 EST 2005

Hello,

I'm at the point now where I really need raw
processing speed for large images. I'm looking at
using a representation and I was wondering if someone
else might have a representation that they think will
work faster before I go through with the programming.
Image.ss seems to really slow down when using the
image->color-list.  Perhaps the underlying
representation of image.ss is binary already and I'm
wasting my time?

Data definition:
a picture is a linear vector of binary numbers where
each binary number incorporates red, green and blue as
one number each one shifted by a set amount.

Thank you for your time.

Dan Anderson