[plt-scheme] Distributing slideshows.

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Tue Nov 29 09:57:16 EST 2005

At Tue, 29 Nov 2005 07:34:03 -0700, Evan Farrer wrote:
> I supose that there's nothing wrong with this approach, but it does feel like
> I'm distributing a lot of files.  I was under the impression that mzc would
> compile the module *and any dependencies* into the .exe file so that I
> wouldn't need to distribute a collects directory along with the .exe and
> .dll's.  Is there some magic flag that I'm missing or is this just the nature
> of the beast?

One problem is that Slideshow uses `collection-path' to locate
window-manager icons. In SVN, now, Slideshow uses `include-bitmap' for
the icons, so you shouldn't have to copy any collection files.

You can use `include-bitmap' from `(lib "include-bitmap.ss" "mrlib")'
to have your presentation's images inlined into the executable, too.
Then you should need only the EXE and DLLs.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.