[plt-scheme] "listen" broken in new networking?

From: Corey Sweeney (corey.sweeney at gmail.com)
Date: Fri Nov 25 14:43:45 EST 2005

Has something gone wrong with "listen" in the recent networking?

When running:

(define bind-port 2845)
(define net-connection (tcp-listen bind-port))

I get:

Welcome to DrScheme, version 299.405-svn5nov2005.
Language: Pretty Big (includes MrEd and Advanced Student).
. tcp-listen: listen on 2845 failed (Address already in use; errno=98)

The port is free, and i've tried several other numbers just in case.  This
app used to work fine.  I do screw around with networking alot so I checked
to make sure I have a loopback device installed, and I cleared out all
virtual network cards, and I still get this.

Corey
--
((lambda (y) (y y)) (lambda (y) (y y)))