[plt-scheme] Interaction between Dr. Scheme and foreign libraries

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Mon Nov 21 17:10:43 EST 2005

On Nov 21, Matthew Flatt wrote:
> Eli's suggestion --- adding an unload to the FFI system --- makes
> sense if the library's shutdown function is implemented in terms of
> unloading the library. That seems likely for Windows and unlikely
> for other platforms.

I actually assumed that this would work for most cases, freeing all
resources when the library unloads...  Without that, I can see that
there is very little to do besides hoping that the library provides
some shutdown function, and attaching that to a custodian.  Perhaps
some interface for that would be helpful?  (Oh look -- this mail is
perfectly right justified, including this comment...)