[plt-scheme] scheme_check_threads gives Bus error on OS X

From: Jon Rafkind (workmin at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Sat Nov 19 18:46:40 EST 2005

Matthew Flatt wrote:

>At Sun, 06 Nov 2005 19:30:35 -0500, Jon Rafkind wrote:
>

>>Does mzc handle objective-c? The library Im using has some of its source
>>written in objective-c which gcc handles ok. At first mzc complained
>>that the .m files werent C files due to the suffix but after renaming
>>them it gave syntax errors.
>>

>I've added ".m" as a recognized C extension in mzc. I imagine that all
>the usual compiler command-line flags for C also work for Objective C,
>but let me know if not.

Everything compiled ok but when I load the library mzc outputted,
_loader.dylib, using the standard ffi-lib technique I get the following:
~/tmp/xquest-0.1 $ mzscheme -f xquest.ss
Welcome to MzScheme version 299.406, Copyright (c) 2004-2005 PLT Scheme Inc.
ffi-lib: couldn't open "liballeg.dylib" (dlcompat: dyld: mzscheme
Undefined symbols:
__allegroscheme_module_name
__blitscheme_module_name
__bmpscheme_module_name
__cadigischeme_module_name
__camidischeme_module_name
__cblit16scheme_module_name
__cblit24scheme_module_name
__cblit32scheme_mod)

Where liballeg.dylib is symlinked to _loader.dylib. I compiled every
file in Allegro with mzc. What do these errors mean?

Posted on the users mailing list.