[plt-scheme] text% `inner' width

From: Erich Rast (erich at snafu.de)
Date: Wed Nov 9 10:41:28 EST 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to create a multi-column listbox that has a native look and
feel. So I have the following questions:

1. How do I get the width of the area inside a text% editor, i.e. the
width of the area that can be filled with embedded editors without
causing the horizontal scrollbar to become activated?

  I've tried method get-width of the text% editor's editor-canvas%, but
this returns the total width of the editor including the width of the
vertical scrollbar. I need the `inner' width of the text area without
scrollbar.

2. Is there any way to display listbox headers that look like they
should on OS X? (Well,  I know how to copy the look from Aqua/Cocoa
examples pixel by pixel, but I fear this would break anytime Apple
decides to haul up their listbox design---which is going to happen
sooner or later.)

Best regards,

Erich

Posted on the users mailing list.