[plt-scheme] PLaneT: ssax, zip bugs in plt scheme 209

From: Dave Herman (dherman at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Fri May 27 16:30:50 EDT 2005

> (require (planet "unzip.ss" ("dherman" "zip.plt" 1 1)))
> had syntax error: missing ')'

That is indeed strange. I've fixed the zip.plt library and submitted an
update. Version 1.2 should hopefully show up soon.

> Trivial to fix -- inserted ')' as next to last character on line 163
> in unzip.ss -- but why not found previously?

I'm not sure, but it's probably because most active development has been
on version 299 of PLT Scheme for a while now. I hadn't yet developed my
test suite for the zip library (shame on me!) for the 209 version of the
library. Apologies!

(If you have the option of using v299 instead, the newer versions of
zip.plt are better. I understand that that may not be an option, though.)

> If the authors of these packages have later versions that work under
> PLT 209, please let me know.  The versions used above are those that
> Help Desk loaded from PLaneT.  In the mean time I will be switching my
> experiments over to some other language hoping for better luck.

I'm not familiar with the PLaneT version of SSAX, but there is a
standard port of SSAX that comes out of the box with PLT Scheme, both
versions 209 and 299. Have you tried:

     (require (lib "ssax.ss" "ssax"))

etc. instead?

Dave