[plt-scheme] infrastructure grant

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed May 25 13:23:18 EDT 2005

Financial support for our implementation and infrastructure work is
running out over the next year. I am hoping to raise money from the
National Science Foundation (NSF) with a proposal to the infrastructure
initiative. The purpose of this initiative is to help with the
maintenance of projects that are useful in research and advanced
development, but also teaching and education. The emphasis is on the
former two; the latter two are acknowledged, and I don't think we need
to worry about the latter.

So, if you have used DrScheme/MzScheme/MrEd/Web Server etc for research
or advanced development and you don't want the project to die, could
you please send a short one-page, signed letter of support to me c/o
Eli Barzilay on some formal looking letter head please? The letter
should state what you do, where you work, and that you have used PLT
Scheme for research and advanced development. If you are so inclined,
you can also add that it is critical and what you have done with it.

For addresses, see below. Thanks! -- Matthias

P.S. Electronic signatures are okay, too, indeed they are ideal.

Matthias Felleisen
c/o Eli Barzilay
Trustee Professor
College of Computer Science