[plt-scheme] web server log corruption

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Mon May 23 11:34:13 EDT 2005

On May 23, 2005, at 11:10 AM, David Van Horn wrote:

> I've noticed an occasional malformed entry into the web server's log
> file such as the following:
> (from "" to "" for "/script.js" at "Saturday,
> April 9th, 2005 8:51:02a(from "" to "" for "/"
> at "Saturday, April 9th, 2005 6:10:29pm")
> Out of a 300k line log file, I've found three entries like this.
> Has anyone else seen this behavior, or know what causes/fixes it?
> Thanks,
> David

I have seen this -- a long time ago. I wrote the initial logging
mechanism, placed the log output into the individual thread, and forgot
to lock the file. I thought I had fixed this and/or Paul had fixed

Sorry I have no time to look at this problem this week. -- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.