[plt-scheme] DrScheme menu order

From: Chihiro Kuraya (rxqvw at yahoo.co.jp)
Date: Sun May 22 00:25:42 EDT 2005

Hi,

Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> The strings used in menus are in a special format. If they have the &
> character in them, Windows (and other platforms) will use that key as a
> shortcut key. I guess that this does not happen in Japanese? Anyways,

Yes, I know the special & character, and it works on Japanese Windows
same as English version.

> it should be the case that if you put the same strings in both places,
> you should get the menus in the proper order.

You mean both file-menu and file-menu-label (and other strins corresponding
to Edit, Help and Window menu) should be the same strings ?

I wrote such a way, but menus still have incorrect order.

> If not, please send me your japanese-string-constants.ss file and I
> will have a look.

Thank you very much.
I will send it to you later.

> Note that Japanese will not work in v209. Also, just in case, the
> japanese-string-constants.ss file should be encoded in utf-8.

Yes, I encoded it in utf-8.

Chihiro Kuraya