[plt-scheme] get Windows hwnd from canvas%

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon May 16 13:26:17 EDT 2005

At Sun, 15 May 2005 08:05:13 -0700 (PDT), Ron Stanonik wrote:
> Is there a way to get a Windows HWND from an instance of canvas%?  I
> feel as if a similar question was asked recently, but haven't been able to
> find it or the response.

I think the similar question was how to get an X window id.

The answer is both cases would be that there isn't a way, but I don't
see how it could hurt. I've added `get-handle' to window<%> in the CVS
sources for 299.105.

The result of `get-handle' is an exact integer, which can be cast to a
HWND (Windows), WindowRef or ControlRef (Mac OS X), or Widget* (X).

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.