[plt-scheme] Questions about modules, compilation, namespaces, planet and ffi

From: Bruno Deferrari (utizoc at gmail.com)
Date: Mon May 9 22:58:10 EDT 2005

On 5/9/05, Jim Hollan <jim.hollan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have been following you emails and am interested in your progress in
> getting evas to run with mzsheme. How is that progressing?
>
> Jim

Well, it's going fine, but what I'm doing is an almost 1 to 1 mapping
of the C API to Scheme.
After everything is working as it should, it would be a good idea to
make a higher level API, maybe using clos.ss from Swindle.

On 5/9/05, Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:
> I see that MrEd on my Linux machine is linked to pthread (must be
> required by something else that MrEd uses), whereas MzScheme is not.
>
> Does re-linking MzScheme so that it uses pthread avoid the problem?
>
> Can anyone comment on whether always linking MzScheme to pthread on
> Linux is a good idea?
>
> Matthew

Well, I think I should try it :)

On 5/9/05, Daniel Pinto de Mello e Silva <daniel.silva at gmail.com> wrote:
> Be careful that the lambda you pass to ecore-evas-callback-resize-set
> may be garbage-collected, and then libevas will call back into garbage
> and your program will explode.

I havent considered that, for now I'm have not tested callbacks using
lambdas, so it worked fine.
I'm going to look at your code.

Probably in some days I'm going to send to the mail list what I have.

Posted on the users mailing list.