[plt-scheme] Languages and Tools

From: Matt Jadud (mcj4 at kent.ac.uk)
Date: Fri May 6 13:54:52 EDT 2005

So, a slightly off-topic question, but... there are people on this list
who will have ideas and opinions about the question. If it's too far
off, someone will say so.

If you were writing a compiler today, what tools would you use?

When I say "tools", this runs the gamut from languages to libraries to
techniques (which isn't a tool, I know)... but a broader or more
appropriate term doesn't come to mind.

The "why" of the question is, naturally, of interest.

My question isn't entirely hypothetical... nor am I about to embark on a
new compiler project. However, colleagues of mine are, and I'm curious
what people outside of my immediate sphere think about this question. It
doesn't strike me as a simple one.

Posted on the users mailing list.