[plt-scheme] Help writing non-trivial applications.

From: David Richards (dirichards at cox.net)
Date: Tue May 3 19:50:52 EDT 2005

Is there a book on using PLT-Scheme to write complex interactive
applications?

Is PLT-Scheme source code to a complex application(s) available, such
as a usable web browser, word processor, etc?

What is the best way for someone to learn to master the GUI aspects of
PLT-Scheme?

Obviously example code is helpful, and the 'cookbook' stuff is great.
But there seems to be a big gap between the excellent technical
documentation and the kind of incremental tutorial that engenders
understanding and mastery.

On a personal level, I'm very confident about using Scheme for
traditional academic exercises.  What I'm not too confident about are
the event-handing idioms, styles and 'best practices' that can mean the
difference between successful project architecture, and a functional
nightmare.

Thanks for any advice and ideas, in advance.

- DR

Posted on the users mailing list.