[plt-scheme] Help writing non-trivial applications.

From: David Richards (dirichards at cox.net)
Date: Tue May 3 19:50:52 EDT 2005

Is there a book on using PLT-Scheme to write complex interactive

Is PLT-Scheme source code to a complex application(s) available, such
as a usable web browser, word processor, etc?

What is the best way for someone to learn to master the GUI aspects of

Obviously example code is helpful, and the 'cookbook' stuff is great.
But there seems to be a big gap between the excellent technical
documentation and the kind of incremental tutorial that engenders
understanding and mastery.

On a personal level, I'm very confident about using Scheme for
traditional academic exercises.  What I'm not too confident about are
the event-handing idioms, styles and 'best practices' that can mean the
difference between successful project architecture, and a functional

Thanks for any advice and ideas, in advance.

- DR

Posted on the users mailing list.