[plt-scheme] Dynamic loading of multiple mzscheme modules on hpux built with SWIG

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 30 12:46:00 EST 2005

At Wed, 30 Mar 2005 18:25:00 +0100, Tim Brown wrote:
> I would say that you're safe enough conditioning this on the HPUX operating
> system, regardless of version.

Great - thanks!

> This 'configure's and 'make's fine (i.e. without any errors);
> and 'make install' runs all the way to building the .zo's for
> hierlist. At which point mzscheme (the install script) spins
> without terminating. I can leave it for 20 minutes, and apart from
> consuming memory (600MB after that long), it can be breaked with
> a 'user break' and it has a reasonable stack (depth about 200 calls
> deep -- it's not recursing as from what I can tell from that).
>
> If I move hierlist out of the way (out of collects); the build continues
> and this condition occurs again at professorj's parser tools.
>
> Is this symptomatic of anything you recognise?
>
> Is there anything that hierlist and ProfJ's Parser tools have in common
> that the other modules don't?

No - that doesn't sound familiar.

> Is mzscheme proven to work on HP/UX or any other 64 architectures?
> Is the garbage collector?

MzScheme works with x86-64. Back when 64-bit Irix boxes roamed the
land, it worked on them, too. As far as I know, you're the first to try
with HP/UX at 64 bits.

If there was a GC problem, I think you wouldn't have gotten as far as
you do. I think it's probably something simple.

> Should I be looking for anything in particular on the stack?

Can you send me a track trace? It might suggest something that I
wouldn't otherwise think of.

Thanks,
Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.