[plt-scheme] connecting to a database

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Mar 24 09:45:00 EST 2005

--- Jacob Matthews <jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu> wrote:

> I'm working on a web application, and I've finally broken
> down and
> admitted to myself that I _need_ rather than wanting a
> relational database as a back-end.

Admission is the first step towards recovery.

> So what exists out there? Here's what I know of:
>
> 1. David Van Horn's mysql access library
> 2. Ryan Culpepper's postgres access library
> 3. SrPersist
> 4. Francisco Solsona's SchemeQL, which I guess is a
> wrapper on top of 2
> and 3

But wait, there's more!

ScheneQL in CVS under the MikesSurgery tag is apparently
much nicer and shinier.

David Neu (IIRC) has a Postgres binding

There is various half-working stuff in Schematics (for
Firebird, MySQL, and Postgres)

Francisco is/was working on a low-level DB SRFI.

Compatability with 299 unknown for all the above.

Let me know what direction you decide to go in.

Cheers,
Noel

Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com
AIM: noelhwelsh