[plt-scheme] Installing pregexp

From: Jens Axel Søgaard (jensaxel at soegaard.net)
Date: Tue Mar 22 16:52:01 EST 2005

John Sampson wrote:

> I am trying to install Dorai Sitaram's pregexp in Windows XP (with Service Pack 2).
>
> The instructions say 'start Scheme in the Pregexp directory' so I copied
> Mzscheme.exe to the pregexp directory and ran scmxlate.scm. It asked for the
 > dialect so I replied 'plt'. It then said it could not find
> 'C://documents and Settings//User//application data//
 > PLT Scheme//209//collects//mzlib' or something very similar.

Huh? Pregexp is included in DrScheme. Use (require (lib "pregexp.ss"))
to import it.

If you *really* want to play with Sitaram's automatic configuration
tools, try this:

  1. Delete the copy of mzscheme.exe you made

  2. Add the mzscheme.exe to the Windows search path
      i) Open "Control Panel"
     ii) Left click at "System"
    iii) Choose the "Advanced" tab.
     iv) Click the "Environment variables" button.
      v) In the bottom window, find the system variable PATH
     vi) Click the "Edit" button and add
              ;C:\Program Files\PLT
         to the search path

3. Try installing the pregexp again.