[plt-scheme] Re: Change the World

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 22 09:08:52 EST 2005

On Mar 22, 2005, at 8:25 AM, Pedro Kröger wrote:

> Geoffrey Knauth <geoff at knauth.org> writes:
>> Speaking of art, I wonder why Knuth has stayed away from Lisp.
>
> I have wandering this too. anyone have an idea?

If you look at Knuth's contributions outside of the narrow domain of
algorithms, e.g., programming, programming languages, etc., you will
see that they tend to take the world a step back rather than forward.
Indeed, my claim is that on occasion, they lead the world astray for
decades because of the undue respect Knuth gets for his early work.

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.