[plt-scheme] Change the World

From: Noel Welsh (noelwelsh at yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 21 05:07:48 EST 2005

This was posted to c.l.s.  I think it is interesting enough
to post here:

http://www.paulgraham.com/summerfounder.html

"We're going to call this project the Summer Founders
Program, and it preserves many of the features of a
conventional summer job. You have to move here (Cambridge)
for the summer, as with a regular summer job. We give you
enough money to live on for a summer, as with a regular
summer job. You get to work on real problems, as you would
in a good summer job. But instead of working for an
existing company, you'll be working for your own; instead
showing up at some office building at 9 AM, you can work
when and where you like; and instead of salary, the money
you get will be seed funding."

Given the hot-bed of Scheme research that is Boston, some
of the locals must have ideas that just need a bit of a
push to change the world.  I just wish I could apply...

Noel

Email: noelwelsh <at> yahoo <dot> com
AIM: noelhwelsh