[plt-scheme] LLVM JIT (was: Re: GNU Lightning)

From: Vadim Nasardinov (el-vadimo at comcast.net)
Date: Fri Mar 18 17:19:22 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-03-18 at 15:00 -0500, Eli Barzilay wrote
> LLVM is inteneded as a library to write compiler backends.  It's not
> something you'd want to use as a dynamic code generator.  If you
> know that it could be conveniently used as a dynamic library, then
> please email me more details (we can still switch).

I'm sorry I don't have any first-hand experience.  All I can offer is
a couple of links that seem to suggest that LLVM does make it possible
to write a JIT with a lot less effort than is required for writing one
from scratch:

- http://llvm.cs.uiuc.edu/ProjectsWithLLVM/#jello
- http://www.mail-archive.com/pypy-dev@codespeak.net/msg00668.html
- http://www.peakpeak.com/~tromey/blog/2005/02/07/