[plt-scheme] Re: eval question

From: Arend P. van der Veen (apvanderveen at att.net)
Date: Thu Jun 16 09:04:23 EDT 2005

Hi all,

I have reviewed the recipe in the cookbook and I wanted to ask a
question.  It states:

"And all this without the code you are evaluating having to include
require statements to load the modules it needs."

Including a require statements would be very beneficial in my case.

Following is the code segment that I came up with to implement this:

(require (lib "string.ss"))

(let ((my-string "(begin (require (lib \"utilities.ss\" \"srs\"))
(lambda () (yes-no-list)))"))
   (let ((my-procedure (eval-string my-string)))
     (printf "~a\n" (my-procedure))))

yes-no-list is a procedure defined in utilities.ss (in srs).  Is this
correct or is there a better way to implement this.

Thanks,
Arend