[plt-scheme] backups and hiding code in 299.100

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Wed Jun 15 12:34:15 EDT 2005

On Jun 15, Prabhakar Ragde wrote:
> Two quick questions:
> 1) 299.100 seems to make backup files: when I edit blat.ss, blat.ss~ is
> created. Is there any way to turn this behaviour off? I couldn't
> find anything in Preferences.

There a part that is easy to miss in the preferences -- when you
choose the editing tab, you get a sub-tab.  (It would probably be
better if the sub-tabs are reorganized so the "General" section comes

> 2) Is there a platform-independent way to provide code to someone but
> hide the details? The way I want to use this is to give students a
> working implementation of something I'm asking them to do on an
> assignment so that they can test their functionality against it.

Yes -- byte-compile it and give them the result.  For extra fun, you
can rename the result.zo file to result.ss, it will behave in the same
way as the original.