[plt-scheme] What happens if out of memory

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Jun 11 11:34:53 EDT 2005

On Jun 11, Chihiro Kuraya wrote:
> It seems there is no description in PLT documents about what happens
> if memory allocation function failes without
> scheme_malloc_fail_ok().

The InsideMz manual says:

  void *scheme_malloc_fail_ok(void *(*mallocf)(size_t size), size_t size)

  Attempts to allocate size bytes using mallocf. If the allocation
  fails, the exn:misc:out-of-memory exception is raised.

> It would be better to write more information in "PLT Foreign
> Interface Manual" and "Inside PLT MzScheme", I think.

On things like this, the Foreign manual is simply exposing stuff from
inside mzscheme, so the documentation is better placed there.