[plt-scheme] forward-chaining?

From: karczma at info.unicaen.fr (karczma at info.unicaen.fr)
Date: Thu Jun 9 07:45:22 EDT 2005

Mike, about forward-chaining:

> I've read the term and have only a loose understanding of
> the concept of forward chaining. I was presented with an
> interesting problem last week of given a starting situation
> of no facts, then a few facts start being presented, search
> the list of rules to determine which final rule is most
> completed.

> I'll look for this on wikipedia. Is there a better or an
> other site that discusses this?

Absolutely. In fact this is a very bad place, despite the fact
that all people are fabulous, competent, and helpful, and
I *am* sincere.

This has nothing to do with Scheme, but with problem-solving
strategies, so, better adapted to logic programming lists/
newsgroups. But, before engaging in a discussion, in order
to be able to ask structured questions, please read something
more succulent than Wikipedia, say,

http://www.amzi.com/ExpertSystemsInProlog/
or, well...

http://www.cee.hw.ac.uk/~alison/ai3notes/chapter2_4.html
http://www.emclab.umr.edu/consortium/Whatis/node7.html
http://www.cse.unsw.edu.au/~billw/cs9414/notes/kr/rules/rules.html

etc. Googleisyourfriend, which will find for you some discussion
boards as well, e.g.,

http://www.brint.com/wwwboard/messages/7901.html

Bon courage.

Jerzy Karczmarczuk