[plt-scheme] DrScheme font combobox

From: Chihiro Kuraya (rxqvw at yahoo.co.jp)
Date: Wed Jun 8 14:02:50 EDT 2005

Matthew Flatt <mflatt at cs.utah.edu> wrote:

> At Sun, 05 Jun 2005 11:44:11 +0900, Chihiro Kuraya wrote:
> > Moreover, DrScheme on Windows XP behaves somewhat differencetly
> > from one on Windows 2000.  On Windows XP, selecting Japanese font
> > displays correctly in both edtir pane and interaction pane.
> > But characters are displayed with different fonts mixed.
> > (Since I don't have Windows XP now, I will report this problem later)
> I've fixed the mixed-font problem for XP (now in svn).
> I still don't know how to deal with the squares in pre-XP systems. MrEd
> needs a "glyph exists?" predicate to decide when the current font has
> no glyph for a character, and to look for a different font that has a
> glyph. Under XP, MrEd uses GetFontUnicodeRanges(), but I don't know how
> to implement the test in earlier systems (which don't provide the
> GetFontUnicodeRanges() function). Implementation advice is welcome.

Windows 2000 also supports GetFontUnicodeRanges(), doesn't it ?

How about using GetCharacterPlacement() for pre-2000 Windows ?
I've heared that this function fails if the specified character
has no glyph in the font bound to DC. But I'm not sure this really works.

Chihiro Kuraya
Save the earth

Posted on the users mailing list.