[plt-scheme] Web page change

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jun 2 13:16:38 EDT 2005

On Jun  2, Anthony Wuersch wrote:

> Lately there's a lot in the pre-release material that practically
> necessitates one get the pre-release.  It reminds me oddly of
> Microsoft's betas and critical patches (which really aren't so bad ...).

Well, a proper release requires efforts that involve many people
(mostly testing), which is why they are not as frequent.  The fact
that the nightly builds are as accessible as normal distributions
contributes to the fact that there is no pressure in getting a lot of
beta releases out before v300 is ready.

> A small question about the new release being prepared for: any
> chance Henry Spencer's regexp code will be supported by an FFI and
> that SREs will follow?

The main problem is that regexps in MzScheme can operate in input
ports, which makes it impossible to just drop in some library.  (I
tried it once with PCRE.)