[plt-scheme] Planet question

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Sat Jul 9 16:04:30 EDT 2005

On Jul 9, 2005, at 2:50 PM, Matt Jadud wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I downloaded 299.100 for OS X, installed the binary package, and
> thought "Hey! I'd like to try Neil's Levenshtein distance library.
>
> In the "Textual, Mzscheme includes R5RS" (and Pretty Big) languages
> I get the response
>
> planet: Could not find matching package in: (planet
> "levenshtein.ss" ("neil" "levenshtein.plt" 1 0))
>
> which strikes me as odd---I assume the planet.plt-scheme.org page
> is auto-generated, and therefore accurately reflects what is in the
> Planet repository.

Yes, that's right. The problem is that now that you've upgraded to
299.100, you can't access the packages in the version 200 repository
anymore -- the version 299.x/300 repository has different stuff. (We
split it up this way because there were a lot of changes between the
20x series and the 300 series, and there's a good chance that a
library written for 200 won't work in 299/300.)

-jacob

Posted on the users mailing list.