[plt-scheme] fast primality testing

From: Jacob Matthews (jacobm at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Jul 6 23:49:07 EDT 2005

Schemathics looks like it's got something:

http://schematics.sourceforge.net/schemathics.html

Specifically, it looks as though primes.ss (a part of that library)
has got what you want:

http://cvs.sourceforge.net/viewcvs.py/schematics/schemathics/
primes.ss?rev=1.2&view=log

I can't vouch for whether this file or Schemathics in general works
in recent versions of DrScheme, though.

-jacob

On Jul 6, 2005, at 10:19 PM, Joshua Zucker wrote:

> I'm playing around with a problem from Al Zimmerman's Programming
> Contest,
>  http://www.recmath.org/contest/description.php
> not really to try to win the contest, but just to have an excuse to
> teach myself some more scheme.
>
> One part I'm not really interested in teaching myself, though: is
> there a reasonably fast primality-checker in some library somewhere?
> No big requirements here: it just has to operate to return true or
> false, pretty fast, for numbers up to 17 digits.
>
> Thanks,
> --Joshua Zucker

Posted on the users mailing list.