[plt-scheme] different PlaneT repositories

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Jul 1 09:26:43 EDT 2005

At Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:03:41 +0400, "Dmitry Lizorkin" wrote:

> Hello!
>
> What is the reason for introducing two different PlaneT repositories for PLT
> Scheme v20x and v299.x-30x ?

When there are major changes to PLT Scheme (like the change from the
20x series to the 299.x series), PLaneT does not automatically carry
forward the old code to the new system (PLaneT does for more minor
version changes). We hope, instead, that people who write such packages
will port and then re-submit them.

> How can I obtain the package from the PlaneT repository v20x with PLT v299 ?
> Currently, I get the error message:
>
> > (require (planet "test-connection.ss" ("planet" "test-connection.plt" 1
> 1)))
> planet: Could not find matching package in: (planet "test-connection.ss"
> ("planet" "test-connection.plt" 1 1))

You might inquire with the producer of the package you're interested in
(presumably not that one!), or you might decide to take over that code
yourself by getting the 209 version of the code, porting it, and
submitting it yourself to the 299 version.

I don't encourage this second option, unless you've tried to get in
touch with the 209 maintainer.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.