[plt-scheme] v299.28 info-domain/compiled/cache.ss

From: Daniel Pinto de Mello e Silva (daniel.silva at gmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 27 16:52:29 EST 2005

Hi,

I just spent a long time figuring out why a new DrScheme tool wouldn't
load, so I started poking around the DrScheme private/tools.ss, saw it
reference "find-relevant-collections" from setup/getinfo.ss, and
finally noticed that it looks into info-domain/compiled/cache.ss
during "populate-relevant-table!" to initialize the relevant
collections.

Running setup-plt -l mycollection added my collection to
~/.plt-scheme/299.28/collects/info-domain/compiled/cache.ss and now
DrScheme can see it.

I'm leaving this message here in case v200 developers run into this
problem in v299/v300, though it would be nice to see an advisory at
the top of the tool developer manuals.

Daniel

Posted on the users mailing list.