[plt-scheme] setup-plt --root

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Jan 13 07:36:51 EST 2005

On Jan 13, Toon Verwaest wrote:
> Ok... but this is actually not what I wanted...  I want to install
> to root, and at installtime prepend the custom rootpath to the
> files... This because I want to use it to install to a ${D}rootpath,
> for gentoo. This means installing files to normal root, but tracking
> all installed files, so I can use gentoo's uninstaller
> afterwords. This is the default way to do this in gentoo...

Wherever you install the plt tree, the place where you can find
bin/setup-plt, that's the directory that will be used to install .plt
files if you use the --at-plt option to mzc or the --all-users option
to setup-plt.  Otherwise, it is installed in the user's home
directory.  There is nowhere else that is searched (by default).