[plt-scheme] Re: SOAP for PLT-scheme?

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 12 11:15:44 EST 2005

At Wed, 12 Jan 2005 10:49:38 -0500, Larry White wrote:
> My app needs to do three kinds of IO (a lot)
> -- socket i/o for http as a client and server: std.browser -to-
> web-server - to - xml-rpc server
> -- db requests to postgresql, presumably using the schematics spgsql
> library, which uses the PG socket interface.
> -- file i/o, mostly serving files and writing logs.

All of the above should work fine. (I don't know the details of spgsql,
but my impression is that it's written in Scheme, so it would have to
work.)

> Are there any language/implemetation reasons why they also be done in
> parallel?

Using multiple processors? It's the implementation: the MzScheme
runtime is not currently safe for OS-level threads.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.