[plt-scheme] Re: cannot require 19.ss (srfi)

From: Bradd W. Szonye (bradd+plt at szonye.com)
Date: Fri Jan 7 08:29:36 EST 2005

Regarding the problem with variable-naming conflicts between modules:

Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema wrote:
> I see your argument, and can imagine this to some degree. However,
> there are other ways to tackle this ....

I also complained about this many months ago, when I first joined this
list. After a bit of discussion and a lot of thinking about
alternatives, I've decided that the current approach is probably the
least of all evils. While it's obnoxious, most of the alternatives are
even worse (and they usually leave users open to silent conflicts, which
are very difficult to debug).
--
Bradd W. Szonye
http://www.szonye.com/bradd