[plt-scheme] web server scalability

From: Matthias Felleisen (matthias at ccs.neu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 5 10:17:52 EST 2005

On Jan 5, 2005, at 10:12 AM, Larry White wrote:

> I found references in the mailing list archieves to memory leaks in
> the plt web server, but haven't seen anything in the announcement list
> to indicate that they've been fixed.
>
> Can someone please let me know what the current state of the
> web-server is in regards to leaking memory (and seg faults)?  I'm
> considering scheme for a production system.

The server is a viable option for many tasks, but certainly not all.
Once we have 300 out (this year), it will be in top-notch shape for
small production systems.

Please specify "production" system with one of "personal server for
1000 hits a day"; "Amazon-like"; something in between closer to which
end.

> Also as an aside, are there any other viable web servers written in
> scheme?

Yes, Sperber's group at Tuebingen has a server in Scheme 48 (scsh).
They can explain to you in gory detail why theirs is better than ours.
But we are older and more experienced and have no hair anymore :-)

-- Matthias

Posted on the users mailing list.