[plt-scheme] [UTF-8?]Re: [plt-scheme]=?ISO-8859-1?Q?_mzc_doesn=B4t_work_?=on windows with mingw

From: Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema (hdnews at gawab.com)
Date: Tue Jan 4 15:37:05 EST 2005

> At Thu, 30 Dec 2004 19:30:12 +0100, "Hans Oesterholt-Dijkema" wrote:
> > Does anyone know why MZC doesn't work on windows (see log below)?
> > With MinGW?

I found out, downloaded Visual C++ 2003 free compiler kit and SDK from
Microsoft.

> I keep thinking I will try MinGW, but I haven't yet had a chance.

I was able to port the bigloo MSVC/Cygwin port in about 2 weeks (evening work)
to MinGW.

> I imagine that MinGW and Cygwin-gcc objects must be fundamentally
> compatible, and maybe it's just a matter of generating the .lib files
> in the right way. (Does anyone on the list know?)

Not entirely. Although they are compatible, MinGW is also sort of compatible
with MSVC. MinGW is more Windows like than Cygwin like.

--
Hans