[plt-scheme] readline.plt

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 16 18:22:56 EST 2005

The code on the web page is from nightly builds (build via CVS), not
from particular point releases. I'm not sure what happened in this
case, but occasionally there are problems with the nightly builds.

You can probably safely just use the latest build (or latest CVS
version) instead of the one you have.

Robby

At Wed, 16 Feb 2005 18:13:01 -0500, "Arend P. van der Veen" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have noticed that readline was already in my collects directory.
> However, when I try to use it I get the following error:
>
> # more .mzschemerc
> (require (lib "rep.ss" "readline"))
>
> # mzscheme
> Welcome to MzScheme version 299.30, Copyright (c) 2004-2005 PLT Scheme, Inc.
> /usr/local/plt/collects/readline/pread.ss:43:33: compile: unbound
> variable in module in: exn:read:eof?
>
> I then replaced the file in /usr/local/plt/collects/readline with the
> files that you pointed me to and then it all worked.  Is the version
> that is part of 299.30 out of date ?
>
> Thanks for you help,
> Arend
>

> Matthew Flatt wrote:
> > At Wed, 16 Feb 2005 15:30:29 -0500, "Arend P. van der Veen" wrote:
> >
> >>I have updated to 299.30 and I am having trouble installing readline.plt
> >>from http://www.cs.utah.edu/plt/develop/.  I know that this version is
> >>for only 102, 200 to 209.  However, I find it very usefull in MzScheme
> >>and was wondering if anybody has updated it for 299.30.
> >

> > Yes:
> >
> >  http://download.plt-scheme.org/scheme/plt-clean-cvs/collects/readline/
> >
> > (There's no C code anymore. The readline binding use the Scheme-based
> > foreign interface.)
> >
> > Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.