[plt-scheme] state of mzscheme and gtk2

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Thu Feb 10 00:38:13 EST 2005

On Feb  9, Dmitriy.Zavin at infineon.com wrote:
>  >It's progressing fast. I'm using SWIG for the language
>  >bindings. Therefore, all GTK2 functions without variable
>  >arguments can be used. However, not all header files have
>  >yet been processed with SWIG.
>  >
>  >Besides the standard GTK2 function interface, I'm working
>  >on an OO wrapper using ROOS (which also isn't yet released)
>
> Any idea if this would work on windows? And if not out of the box,
> how much work do you think it would take?
>
> Speaking of SWIG, I have to submit more of my mzscheme updates for
> structure handling to SWIG, since my original submission had some
> bugs (for nested structs) :-(

I do believe that using the new foreign interface is much better than
SWIG (otherwise I wouldn't have invested the time...), but even if you
do use SWIG...  The "foreign interface" has this name rather than the
common "foreign function interface" because it deals with more than
just functions.  It is possible to access raw C data through it, and
this can be done even when you use some additional C extension (eg,
one that SWIG generates).