[plt-scheme] Annoying emails from cashette.com

From: Eli Barzilay (eli at barzilay.org)
Date: Sat Feb 5 00:57:21 EST 2005

Several people have told me recently that they have received annoying
emails from some cashette.com account.  If anyone receives similar
emails in the future, please let me know and I will disable emails to
these accounts.

[FYI, this is a service that provides whitelist-like functionality,
and they simply choose to identify mailing lists according to some
non-standard headers that mailman does not use (in fact, I didn't see
a single mailing list manager except for Yahoo that does it).  The
annoying thing is that trying to contact this person directly gave me
the same message back.  The extremely annoying thing is that to make
my message get to that person, I am expected to open a cashette
account!  The absolutely very extremely super highly annoying thing is
that I've spent good time discussing this with the service support
people there and we are getting absolutely nowhere.  If anyone ever
encounters any problems with this service, or possibly similar ones,
my suggestion is to not even try to contact them back.  It's funny
that the best way to deal with this is to treat it like spam.]