[plt-scheme] the plt browser

From: Paul Schlie (schlie at comcast.net)
Date: Wed Feb 2 17:27:44 EST 2005

> From: Robby Findler <robby at cs.uchicago.edu>
> At Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:13:56 -0500, Don Blaheta wrote:
>> Quoth Paul Schlie:
>>>
>>> Possibly, although suspect it's arguably a bit redundant, and otherwise
>>> consume space which may be better left for possibly more contextual items.
>>
>> Could it maybe just be added to the Help menu instead?  Or, since
>> existing Help Desk windows already appear in the Window menu, maybe just
>> *change* the "Help Desk" item in the "Help" menu to "New Help Desk" if
>> at least one Help Desk window already exists?
>
> This last idea is one I've wanted to avoid, since there will quickly be
> many Help Desk windows floating around which probably isn't what people
> want. I'll just try to make the creation of a new help desk window less
> obscure. I'm not sure I agree with Paul that a "New Help Desk" menu
> item would take too much space.

- what if another help browser is opened only if a previously open help
window is already front-most (implying another one was desired)?

[ where if an opened browser weren't already front-most, it's most likely
  that the user simply wanted it brought to the front if already open, or
  open one if one isn't already, as it is now ? ]

Posted on the users mailing list.