[plt-scheme] the plt browser

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 2 17:17:18 EST 2005

At Wed, 2 Feb 2005 17:13:56 -0500, Don Blaheta wrote:
> Quoth Paul Schlie:
> > Robby wrote:
> > > Maybe I should add that menu to the main drscheme window, too?
> >
> > Possibly, although suspect it's arguably a bit redundant, and otherwise
> > consume space which may be better left for possibly more contextual items.
>
> Could it maybe just be added to the Help menu instead?  Or, since
> existing Help Desk windows already appear in the Window menu, maybe just
> *change* the "Help Desk" item in the "Help" menu to "New Help Desk" if
> at least one Help Desk window already exists?

This last idea is one I've wanted to avoid, since there will quickly be
many Help Desk windows floating around which probably isn't what people
want. I'll just try to make the creation of a new help desk window less
obscure. I'm not sure I agree with Paul that a "New Help Desk" menu
item would take too much space.

Robby

Posted on the users mailing list.