[plt-scheme] Additional material for the helpdesk

From: George Herson (gherson at snet.net)
Date: Sat Dec 31 17:30:40 EST 2005

--- Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:
<snip>
> re 1: I really think that we should open up Help
> Desk so that the
> Cookbook editors can contribute their documentation
> to our releases.
> Great idea.

Yes. Credit for that idea goes to Corey Sweeney.

<snip>
> I very much like the idea of opening up the docs to
> our users and
> having them contribute.

To evolve the more complete and time-efficient manual
I'm advocating, perhaps turning the pages at
http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/300/html/ into a
Wiki is the thing to do.  Each page, such as
http://download.plt-scheme.org/doc/300/html/advanced/eqv63.html,
could come with pre-built formatting of (invisibly
lined) boxes  for the command, synopsis, explanation
and examples, "See Also", and addenda/random user
annotations, and along the left, a TOC.  That would
definitely be taking a page out of  php.net/manual's
book by why not?  That and wiki are good ideas.

> Thanks for your proposals. We will discuss this.
> Happy New Year  --
> Matthias

Thanks alot for your feedback.
Happy New Year to All,