[plt-scheme] Additional material for the helpdesk

From: Greg Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Fri Dec 30 15:28:48 EST 2005

--- Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> On Dec 30, 2005, at 2:41 PM, Corey Sweeney wrote:
>
> > I thought of a idea the other day, would it be practical to add the
>
> > scheme cookbook to the plt help desk?  It would seem that'd be
> really
> > usefull.
>
> I second this. -- Matthias

So, would it be something like the O'Reilly "Cookbook" format

Problem: You want to apply an operation to the elements of a list.

Solution: Use apply

> (apply + '(1 2 3))
6

Discussion: ...

You might even talk about the implied associativity. Does Scheme
provide an idiom comparable to Haskell's foldl and foldr that can be
used to force left associativity or right associativity. I.e.,
discriminating between

6
and

6