[plt-scheme] Mailto Not Working in Help Desk (see PR 6241)

From: Robby Findler (robby at cs.uchicago.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 30 10:57:57 EST 2005

The url parser is not really set up for mailto urls at all. The fix you
suggest doesn't work in general.n According to rfc1738, this is the
syntax of a mailto url:

 mailto:<rfc822-addr-spec>

and that syntax doesn't conform to the standard url syntax at all, so
there needs to be specialized url parsing, and presumably a new struct,
and this means that lots and lots of code may have to change.

That's why I haven't gotten to this yet.

Thanks,
Robby