[plt-scheme] A crazy idea (fMUMPS)

From: Greg Woodhouse (gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net)
Date: Thu Dec 29 16:59:53 EST 2005

--- Matthias Felleisen <matthias at ccs.neu.edu> wrote:

> Question: can you turn this program into an application that
> your colleagues can use, without opening the hood? Will it help
> them become more productive? If so, you might have found a place
> to place your lever. Spend some short amount of time every day
> producing this tool. Use it on your own. Point it out in a team
> meeting. See it spread.

That's the problem. At the time, I wrote a package I could use myself
by creating hand-edited XML documents, and successfully re-implemented
two interfaces I developed without making use of the tool. But it isn't
that easy for others to pick up. I did this all as part of my "day
job", and time was tight, so I never got around to creating a more
friendly interface. I did, however, continue to use it myself.

I'll have to think more about how to generalize it (in terms of the
supported communication patterns) and make it easier to use. Okay, to
be honest, I guess I kind of wanted to get away from HL7. Developing
HL7 interfaces just seemed to be the most pressing problem at the time.

===
Gregory Woodhouse  <gregory.woodhouse at sbcglobal.net>
"Interaction is the mind-body problem of computing."
--Philip L. Wadler

Posted on the users mailing list.