[plt-scheme] Couple of UI questions (DrScheme 299.400)

From: Peter Wright (pete at flooble.net)
Date: Fri Dec 16 05:51:25 EST 2005

Having used MzScheme a bit in the past, I'm now making an effort to
learn the wondrous DrScheme IDE. I can safely say it seems hugely
improved in look/feel from the last time I tried it - my thanks to the
PLT dev team for their hard work :).

I just have a couple of things puzzling me at the moment (using
DrScheme 299.400 on Linux, built from source):

1. I'm trying to learn the default keybindings, so I'd like to keep
   the "Show Active Keybindings" window up while I'm editing. But this
   window appears to be modal, so I can't interact with anything in
   the main DrScheme window while it's up. So I can't, for example,
   keep it up as a quick reference while editing code.

   This seems... *tries to think of a diplomatic term*... suboptimal. :-)
   Is there a reason for the keybindings window to be modal, or does
   it qualify as a UI bug?

2. What keybinding switches between the Definitions and the
   Interactions view? I've searched through the Active Keybindings
   window and found only

   toggle-focus-between-definitions-and-interactions (c:shift:tab)

   ...which _seems_ right, but actually doesn't do anything at all.

   Interestingly, if I hold _down_ control-shift-tab, I can see the
   cursor seeming to flicker between the Definitions/Interactions
   displays, but when I release the cursor will always be back where
   it started.

   UI bug, or am I doing something wrong?

Any suggestions much appreciated, thanks.

Pete.
--
http://flooble.net/blog
Klingon programmer sayings: