[plt-scheme] Can I open an application without showing it?

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Tue Dec 13 11:09:49 EST 2005

Here's one way to do it, although it mixes environments in an awkward
way (eg, if Applescript is used, then it probably should launch Preview
also):

Write an Applescript and save it as a run-only application (in this
case, it is called "hide-preview" and saved on the Desktop)...

tell application "System Events"
	set visible of process "Preview" to false
end tell

... then this works from scheme...

(require (lib "process.ss"))
(system "open ~/Desktop/hide-preview.app")

rac