[plt-scheme] Can I open an application without showing it?

From: Richard Cleis (rcleis at mac.com)
Date: Tue Dec 13 11:09:49 EST 2005

Here's one way to do it, although it mixes environments in an awkward
way (eg, if Applescript is used, then it probably should launch Preview

Write an Applescript and save it as a run-only application (in this
case, it is called "hide-preview" and saved on the Desktop)...

tell application "System Events"
	set visible of process "Preview" to false
end tell

... then this works from scheme...

(require (lib "process.ss"))
(system "open ~/Desktop/hide-preview.app")