[plt-scheme] Defining syntax inside the transformer environment

From: Matthew Flatt (mflatt at cs.utah.edu)
Date: Mon Dec 12 09:17:15 EST 2005

At Mon, 12 Dec 2005 04:34:13 -0500, Daniel Franke wrote:
> I've worked around the problem by putting lex-state in a separate
> module and then importing it via require-for-syntax. However, this
> seems like a kludge at best. Is there a better way of going about
> this? Something along the lines of define-macro-for-syntax?

For now, `define-macro-for-syntax' isn't supported, and using a
separate module is the usual solution.

I plan to eventually generalize `module' so that you can put
`define-syntax' inside `begin-for-syntax' (or inside a
`begin-for-syntax' that's inside a `begin-for-syntax', etc.) --- but
"eventually" is the operative word.

Matthew

Posted on the users mailing list.